The Viking E-4™ and G-5™ residential/commercial gate openers lead the industry in linear swing gate operators. The Viking Driveway Gate Opener is dependable, long-lived, and trouble-free.
Driveway Gate Opener Systems
An Explanation of Electric Driveway Gate Opener Equipment and Options
A Gate Opener for Solar and Electric:
Viking driveway gate operators are powered by standard 120 volt house current.
The same Viking operators are ready to accept the Viking Solar "add on" upgrade package. / VIK-VA-SOCHP - $1140.00.
With 8 hours of direct sun daily, a Solar Powered Driveway Gate Opener is a smart investment.
- Solar eliminates the expense of digging trenches and burying costly wire to supply electricity to the gate.
- A Solar gate opener operates for free, powered by electricity harvested from the sun.
- Solar will save you money!
What is included in a "gate opener kit" ?
Gate Opener Kits:
Viking E-4™ Class 1 Residential Vehicular Swing Gate Opener
A class 1 vehicular gate operator system is intended for use in areas associated with a residence of one-to-four single families.
The new E-4™ Residential Swing Gate Operator leads the industry as being the best, most cost-effective residential linear arm actuator. This unique design allows for a maximum gate capacity of 850 lbs. for a 10’ gate or 550 lbs. for a 16' gate.
It is rare for a residential gate to exceed or even come close to these weight limits. The E-4™ is perfect for the typical residential driveway gate installation.
Viking Swing Gate Operators feature a convenient manual release handle on the motors and a built-in battery backup to keep things running during a power failure.
Viking Gate Operators are easily converted to solar power with a Solar Add-On Kit ($1140.00).
Viking E-4™ Gate Opener Specifications:
MANDATORY AC SURGE PROTECTION: The Viking Control Panel comes with surge suppression circuitry from the factory. Connecting a separate surge suppression module in parallel to the EMI Board provides a dual layer of protection from surges up to 20,000 Volts / 10,000 Amps.
N GA Fence Co. installs dual-layer surge suppression protection on all 120 VAC systems.
The E-4™ offers a 2-year residential warranty.
The Viking E-4™ (above) is well-engineered and more than sufficient for most residential installations, but:
- For a gate that exceeds the weight limits of the E-4™, the G-5™ commercial gate opener is the solution. The G-5™ allows for a maximum gate capacity of 2000 lbs.
- If your gate is in a windy location, consider installing a Viking R-6™ pad mount gate opener system. The mechanics of the R-6™ operator, combined with being anchored to a concrete pad, offers superior resistance to strong wind.
Viking G-5™ Commercial Vehicular Swing Gate Opener
The Viking G-5™ residential/commercial gate operator boasts a maximum gate capacity of 2000 lbs.
Vikings G-5™ motor is now powered by the V-Flex control board, which includes a speed control dial and a diagnostic LCD display.
The new V-Flex control board can be powered by electricity or solar. Vikings V-Flex control board is solar-efficient and ready to take advantage of free electricity harvested from the sun. "Solar Upgrade Option required."
The G-5™ is UL compliant.
The Viking G-5™ offers a 4-year residential / 3-year commercial warranty.
Viking G-5™ Gate Opener Specifications:
Viking R-6™ "Pad Mount" Residential Vehicular Swing Gate Opener
If you have large gates that are in a high-wind area, a more robust "concrete pad mounted" operator may be required.
The R-6™ Residential Swing Gate Operator features the V-Flex control board with onboard diagnostics LCD display.
The R-6™ has a built-in heater and an onboard temperature management system.
The R-6™ allows for a gate capacity of up to 700 lbs, making it an excellent choice for heavy ornamental gates.
In high wind locations, the R-6™ pad-mounted operators can withstand the force of nature better than the linear drive operators like the E-4 and G-5 motors.
The R-6™ swing gate operator can handle gates up to 700 lbs. and 14 ft long. With its efficient drivetrain, robust stature, built-in battery backup, soft start / soft stop, and adaptive algorithm, the R-6™ gate operator is ideal for residential applications.
The R6 Swing Gate Operator has a 5 Year residential warranty.
With any of the gate operator kits shown above; two remote controls, a keypad, and a exit sensor are included.
The 4-button keychain fob style.
Two remote controls are included with each gate opener kit.
If you need more than two remotes, order at the time of installation: $50 each
A 1-button remote with a sun visor clip.
Two are included, additional remotes are $25 ea.
Choose between the two types of remote controls or select both for an additional $175.00. To do both requires a second receiver module.
NUMERIC "ACCESS CONTROL" KEYPAD
Battery-powered wireless keypad
- The Keypad backlight will illuminate for 15 seconds when any key is pressed.
- Enter a valid 4-digit PIN, then press the # key to activate the operator.
- Codes can be easily changed as needed.
- Capable of 5 PINs and 10 unique temporary PINs.
The EMX KPX-100 features a durable metal housing and backlit metal keys. Ideal for high-traffic areas and harsh environments. The KPX-100 easily mounts on gooseneck stands, posts, or walls.
The EMX KPX-100 is a $500 upgrade from the wireless keypad shown above. This price includes a black powder-coated steel goose-neck pedestal.
The EMX Programmable Keypad can be used for Single Residence and Multi-User Residential Communities. Easily programmable with 100 assignable user keys.
- The wireless Liftmaster and the hardwired EMX keypad shown above have no audio or video communication capabilities that allow you to see or speak with a visitor at your gate.
- Their only function is to open the gate when a four-digit number is entered.
See below for Audio/Video capable equipment options.
GATE OPENER EXIT SENSOR
The exit sensor opens the gate automatically when approached from the inside of your property by a vehicle. Drive by the sensor buried along the driveway, and it opens. Great for guests, delivery trucks, and anytime a car needs to exit the property. It is included in the basic package.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
A rough ball park price . . .
Single Gate Opener Equipment and Installation Cost:
A swing gate opener kit installed on an EXISTING single gate:
- Viking E4™ single $3875.00 installed
- Viking G5™ single $4180.00 installed
- Viking R6™ single $4640.00 installed
- Solar Add-On Kit $1140.00 added to the above price.
Double Gate Opener Equipment and Installation Cost:
A swing gate opener kit installed on an EXISTING double gate:
- Viking E4™ double $4770.00 installed.
- Viking G5™ double $5500.00 installed.
- R6™ double $7800.00 installed.
- Solar Add-On Kit $1140.00 added to the above price.
* The cost of a gate, post, and installation of a gate is NOT included in these cost estimates.*
We charge $500 to install a driveway gate (dig the holes, set the post in concrete, and hang the gate).
Once you decide on a gate and know the cost, add the gate to the gate automation equipment and installation cost (Viking E4™, G5™, or R6™ - choose one ). Add another $500.00 for the installation of the gate and post. This will give you a general idea of the total job cost.
Optional Equipment For A Driveway Gate Opener
The following items are not necessary to operate your gate but will add useful functionality:
Audio / Video Intercom Systems
Todays cutting edge Intercom Acess Control Systems use your existing home wi-fi or a cellular service provider, combined with your smartphone or an in-home monitor, to screen visitors at your gate.
- Cellular solutions require a service provider with monthly service fees.
- Wi-Fi works off an existing home Wi-Fi network and uses the internet to communicate with your cell phone without a monthly service fee.
Wi-Fi Smartphone App
Your Smartphone, combined with a Wi-Fi camera, a Wi-Fi-activated gate-controlling relay, and its accompanying Smartphone App, will make an inexpensive solution to receive notifications that a visitor is at your gate.
- After you get the notification on your phone, open the camera app to see and speak with the visitor.
- Next, use the "gate relay" activation app to open, close, or stop the gate.
The RING DOORBELL married with a VIKING MONITOR is one example . . . Under $500 to have a working audio / video access system.
RING Video Doorbell + Solar Panel
Video Doorbell 4 + Solar Panel
Use a Ring Video Doorbell 4 + Solar Panel to notify you when someone is at your driveway entrance gate.
Place the “camera/doorbell button device” at the driveway entrance. Use your existing home wi-fi to notify you, via smartphone, when someone triggers the motion sensor or presses the doorbell button. No monthly service fees unless you want to use Rings Cloud storage.
Your Video Doorbell 4 is solar-power or electric compatible. The Ring doorbell has enhanced dual-band wifi so it will work with any home wi-fi network.
- Connect your doorbell camera to a Solar Panel and place it in direct sunlight for a continuous charge, so you’ll never run out of power.
- When notified on your smartphone, see and speak to your visitor at the gate. Open your driveway entrance gate using the Viking Monitor or the Remootio "access control" app and your smartphone.
The Viking Monitor
The Viking Monitor:
This $70 device will allow you to open and close your gate from anywhere in the world using your smartphone, as long as you have an internet connection.
- Add a camera to get a notification someone is at the gate.
- Use the Viking Monitor to open the gate.
The Viking Monitor will not work with a Solar Powered Gate Operator. The monitor is always "on" and will drain the batteries in a solar-powered system. (see below for solar powered solution)
- A solar power smart gate "access control" solution: Remootio
- The Remootio sells for under $200, including the doorbell feature.
- This is a very inexpensive way to control who you allow through the gate.
A wi-fi solar camera like the Ring Doorbell can be placed at the entrance. The camera will send a notification to your smartphone if the motion sensor is triggered to alert you that someone is present. Or you can set it up to wait for the visitor to push the doorbell button. Once you are notified, open your camera on your smartphone and speak to and see your visitor.
You can open the gate with your Remootio smartphone app. The smartphone app is available for both iOS and Android. There are no subscription fees.
Cellular Intercom Options . . .
Cellgate cellular call box solutions:
Cellgate is a company making cellular driveway gate access systems. They are the only audio/video cellular intercom that is compatible with Verizon. This is excellent for North Georgia residents that need reliable, fast audio and video communication with visitors at your drive gate. The reason - Verizon is our only option in this area, AT&T service is very limited. These systems are expensive and come with a monthly subscription fee.” They are very nice.
Cellgate W-410 Cellular Intercom System with Keypad
No Live video, still pictures only. Supports external camera.
W410 | Wiegand Keypad | AC Power with 12V DC Power Supply | 120°, 3MP Internal Camera | Pedestal Mount | Cellular LTE | VZN and AT&T compatable.
Works on Verizon and AT&T LTE cellular networks.
Low monthly cellular plan.
Choose a cellular plan that includes photos or not, upgrade plan at any time.
~ Monthly service plans, choose your features, choose your budget. ~
Please note: the following Watchman Service Plan Pricing chart is from 2020, prices may have increased.
Cellgate W-450 Cellular Intercom System with LIVE Streaming Video
Watchman EVO | Wiegand Keypad | AC Power with 12V DC Power Supply | 2-Way Audio and Live Streaming Video | 120°, 3MP Internal Camera | Pedestal Mount | Cellular LTE | Verizon
Works on Verizon and AT&T LTE cellular networks.
Cellgate is the ONLY cellular access control company whose products can work on Verizon and AT&T.
~ Monthly recurring service charge. ~
Allows ongoing utilization of the app, TrueCloud™ web portal and access control data transmissions via cellular or internet.
Land Line Telephone Driveway Gate Intecom
DoorKing 1812-081 Residential Surface Mount Telephone Entry System
This audio-only intercom is for a home phone landline integration. No monthly fees; it just works great! A phone line wire and electric power wire must be buried underground from the home to the gate. Gate activation is controlled from the home phone handset—no Smartphone integration.
Visitors are easily identified by voice communication and can be granted or denied access directly from a touch-tone home telephone.
*No directory /keypad programmable / standard memory capacity of 50 / non-expandable.
The intercom is $900 - plus trenching and wire installation cost.
- Distinctive double ring identifies visitor calls from regular calls.
- Do Not Disturb setting.
- Hold open feature.
- LED lighted face plate
7-Day Programmable Timer
Timers make it easy to designate access and lock-out times in residential and commercial applications.
Timers extend the life of your equipment, reduce power consumption, and save wear and tear on gate hinges and motors.
A timer allows programming of the gates to automatically open and close at designated times. Perfect for employee access, night time security, scheduled deliveries, and work crews.
Keyed Emergency Access
A clearly marked box - emergency personnel are equipped with the key.
Grant First Responders instant access to your property with a $200.00 KNOX Emergency Perimeter Access Box.
Siren Operated Sensor
The Siren Operated Sensor opens when an emergency vehicle omits a "Yelp".
No key is necessary - no time is lost.
A Siren Operated Sensor is used to open Residential, Commercial, Airport, Government, and Military Gates during an emergency. SOS is the fastest way for emergency responders to access your property without stopping and leaving their vehicle to enter a code or use a key.
Every Emergency Vehicle already has the key: a siren. This system saves vital seconds in all emergencies with sirens triggering gate operators.
Not included in the basic package.
$550.00 - installed.
How To Manually Open a Viking Driveway Gate
In the event of a power outage or system failure . . .
E-4 and G-5 Manual Release
When a manual operation is required:
- Lift the Release Handle.
- Insert the Release Key and rotate the Key to unlock the Handle.
- Rotate the Handle counterclockwise.
- THE GATE CAN NOW BE MOVED MANUALLY.
R-6 Manual Release
When manual operation is required:
- Remove the “Output Shaft Cover” or Hat.
- Lift the “Manual Release Handle.”
- Remove the “Clutch Key.”
- Gently Push the Gate to Open.
- To resume normal operation:
- Align the notches on the Output Shaft to the Clutch and reinstall the Clutch Key.
- Push the Manual Release Handle down back to the locked position.
I appreciate your interest in North Georgia Fence Co. We install driveway gates and driveway gate-opener systems.
Give us a call; my technicians are ready to install yours today! Thank you, Sam McCombs 706-299-1047.